Profit which has been made but not yet realized through a transaction, such as a stock which has risen in value but is still being held. also called unrealized gain or unrealized profit or paper gain or book profit.
Related information about paper profit:
- Paper Profit (Paper Loss) Definition | Investopedia
Unrealized capital gain (or capital loss) in an investment. It is calculated by comparing the market price of a security to the original purchase price. Gains or ...
- What is paper profit? definition and meaning
Definition of paper profit: Profit which has been made but not yet realized through a transaction, such as a stock which has risen in value but is still being held.
- Paper Profit Definition - What is Paper Profit?
What is Paper Profit? Find out right now with a helpful definition and links related to Paper Profit.
- paper profit - Financial Dictionary - The Free Dictionary
A gain on an investment that has not yet been realized. That is, a paper gain occurs when the current price of a security is higher than the price the holder paid ...
- What is paper profit (or loss)? definition and meaning
Definition of paper profit (or loss): Increase (or decrease) in the market value of an asset which will be converted into actual profit (or loss) only when the asset is ...
- Paper Profit - Financial Glossary
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. Paper Profit. Clear Results. Apparent but as yet unrealised profit arising from an increase in the value of an ...
- Paper Profit: Definition from Answers.com
An increase in value above original cost or basis that would be realized if the property were sold; however, the property is not offered for sale.
- Paper Profit Definition & Example | InvestingAnswers
We explain the definition of Paper Profit, provide a clear example of how it works and explain why it's an important concept in business, finance & investing.