1. The amount borrowed (such as the face value of a debt security), or the part of the amount borrowed which remains unpaid (excluding interest), here also called principal.
2. The part of a monthly payment that reduces the outstanding balance of a mortgage.
3. The original investment.
Related information about principal amount:
- What is principal amount? definition and meaning - InvestorWords.com
Definition of principal amount: The amount borrowed (such as the face value of a debt security), or the part of the amount borrowed which remains unpaid ...
- Principal Amount - Financial Dictionary - The Free Dictionary
Also found in: Dictionary/thesaurus, 0.01 sec. Principal amount. The face amount of debt; the amount borrowed or lent. Often called principal. Principal Amount ...
- Principal Amount defined with examples
Principal Amount. Definition and examples. Principal amount is the original amount of money, the amount before any interest is applied ...
- Notional Principal Amount Definition | Investopedia
In an interest rate swap, the predetermined dollar amounts on which the exchanged interest payments are based. Notional principal never changes hands in the ...
- Notional amount - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The notional amount (or notional principal amount or notional value) on a financial instrument is the nominal or face amount that is used to calculate payments ...
- Principal Amount
X. 0. +/- . +. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. *. 7. 8. 9. /. C ? Monthly Payment: Interest: Number of Years: %. Get Principal. Start Over. $0.00. Exchange Bank Principal Calculator ...
- What is principal amount? - BusinessDictionary.com
Definition of principal amount: Sum borrowed; the par value of a debt.
- Loan Principal - Loan Calculation
... and principle are sometimes confused. A "principle" is a belief or standard. Examples: If you get a business loan for $100,000, this is the principal amount.