The opposite of a common carrier. A transportation company that is contractually obligated to only transport goods for certain customers.
Related information about private carrier:
- Private carrier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A private carrier is a company that transports only their own goods. The carrier's primary business is not transportation. Private carriers may refuse to sell their ...
- Private carrier - Legal Dictionary - The Free Dictionary
private carrier n. one who provides transportation or delivery of goods for money, just for the particular instance, and not as a regular business. It is distinguished ...
- Private Carrier Insurance for Trucking - Progressive
Progressive offers private carrier truck insurance featuring truck insurance discounts and filings assistance. Request a free truck insurance quote today.
- Private carrier - Merriam-Webster Online
a carrier of passengers or goods who does not hold himself out for public employment so as to be legally a common carrier. This word doesn't usually appear in ...
- Private Carrier Membership Benefits
The American Trucking Associations (ATA) offers Private Carriers the opportunity to make a difference in the present and future of the industry. You haul your ...
- Private Carrier Definition
The legal definition of Private Carrier is One who carries goods or passengers of his choosing and in particular cases and not to the general public indifferently.
- Ultra Logistics - Technology Solutions - Private Carrier Network
Our Private Carrier Network is customized specifically for your needs. Take on the added advantage of getting even more capacity out of your existing carriers.
- What is private carrier? definition and meaning
Definition of private carrier: Firm that uses its transportation equipment (aircraft, ships, and/or trucks) primarily for transporting its own goods.