1. An option contract that gives the holder the right to sell a certain quantity of an underlying security to the writer of the option, at a specified price (strike price) up to a specified date (expiration date); here also called put option.
2. The act of exercising a put option. opposite of call.
Related information about put:
- Put option - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A put or put option is a contract between two parties to exchange an asset (the underlying), at a specified price (the strike), by a predetermined date (the expiry or ...
- Put Definition | Investopedia
An option contract giving the owner the right, but not the obligation, to sell a specified amount of an underlying asset at a set price within a specified time.
- Put - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
a : to place in a specified position or relationship : lay <put the book on the table>. b : to move in a specified direction. c (1) : to send (as a weapon or missile) into ...
- put - Wiktionary
put (third-person singular simple present puts, present participle putting, simple past and past participle ... When you put it that way, I guess I can see your point.
- Put | Define Put at Dictionary.com
/pʊt/ Show Spelled [poo t] Show IPA verb, put, put·ting, adjective, noun. verb ( used with object). 1. to move or place (anything) so as to get it into or out of a ...
- Put This On
5 hours ago ... It's On Sale: John Smedley Knitwear. Basic John Smedley v-necks and cardigans are on sale for 60% off right now at StyleGun. Once you ...
- A different kind of online storage: put.io
Put.io works like any other storage service. Except, it can also retrieve and put files into your personal, private online space. HERE'S WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE ...
- [P.U.T] | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
[P.U.T]'s official profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.